Founded in 2002, Abelon Systems is a leading UK-based embedded systems company, specialising in software and hardware solutions across major business sectors.
Our ability to adapt to constantly changing technologies enables us to combine and apply innovative solutions for clients.
Abelon’s access to cutting edge technology means that we can implement a vast range of systems – from off-the-shelf Single Board Computer Products to custom-application designs with FPGA-based hardware and real-time software. No project is too great or complex.
Due to the varying nature of customer needs, we are comfortable managing and delivering entire projects or working in partnership with internal experts to enhance the overall outcome.
Why Choose Abelon?
- Our foundations are built on experience, quality, trust, reliability – which leads to clients recommending us on an ongoing basis
- Abelon supply partners are carefully checked and selected according to the above criteria
- We guarantee 100% commitment to a project from inception to completion
- All work is delivered under warranty for your protection and peace of mind
- Contracts, terms and conditions are tailored to suit your company’s needs
- We are proficient at leading projects in a standalone capacity or working in partnership alongside your engineering experts
- We believe in sharing engineering intelligence and fostering relationships to benefit you in the long term
- Abelon is highly experienced in project management and rescue
Meet the team
Ian Smith, Managing Director
As a qualified Chartered Engineer, Ian has three decades’ experience leading and implementing complex technical projects on a national and international scale. His ability to understand and embrace cutting-edge technology means that Ian is a highly skilled embedded systems engineer. In his capacity as Managing Director, Ian’s innovative thinking has led to a number of awards for clients.
He is also known for his commitment to see each project to fruition, regardless of its complexities.
Ian is a regular guest lecturer at Heriot Watt University, sharing his experience with future engineering talent.
Duncan Walker, Director
With over 25 years’ experience designing and integrating embedded systems, Duncan possesses a thorough background in networking, telecommunications, development and customisation. Duncan leads all systems architecture development and is hands-on, supervising the progress of major client projects.
For a project to run smoothly and successfully, Duncan firmly believes in transparent project management, clearly-defined goals and the exchange of engineering intelligence.
Adrian McKie, Director
Adrian is Abelon’s prominent project manager and consultant across all client accounts. With a background in systems design and software architecture, Adrian started his career as a scientist at the National Physical Laboratory developing and testing the OSI communication standard. Then at Spider Software, working with Microsoft and Reuters, he developed one of the first platform independent OSI implementations. Later he became a Systems Architect for Lucent responsible for the direction of its 70-strong software and hardware development team.
At Abelon, Adrian is instrumental in exploring high level systems architecture and product design. From an embedded system to big systems integration, thanks to Adrian’s knowledge and experience, clients are assured they are in safe hands.